Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What made me decide to lose weight


I worked in a call center as an overweight adult. I was always tired and had very little energy to do anything. Four years of working in a call center on a night shift, I got older, sluggish and suffering lower back pains. I knew I had to make some changes

At the end of my call center career in the Philippines, I was weighing in at about 245 pounds. I was really big and was carrying around a significant amount of fat. I wanted to burn off excess pounds and focus on more of a lean athletic physique.


I decided to really focus on my diet. I went on a very strict nutritional regimen. I cut out all empty calories from my diet like fast food, sweets and soda. I really focused on only eating clean nutrient dense foods. 

From the first week that I started going to the gym at True Fitness, I focused primarily on my cardio workouts. I gradually increased the time from 30 to 45 minutes to 1 hour on my cardio workouts everyday to burn off excess fat. 

I also started weight training but with machines only during the first month. 



It really came down from all angles. Clean food to fuel my body, weight training to build muscle and cardio to burn fat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment