Monday, November 21, 2011

The key attitude is the WILL to do it




I started at 108.65 kg in March 13, 2011 when I realized that I was a fat slob and being fat would make achievin my dreams harder. My most important goal is to be happy. 


In the following 8 months (as of this writing) I got down to 87 kg. I am still working on losing weight until 70 kg, which is my ideal weight. 


The key attitude is the will to do it. This enables you to do everything else, it is a very powerful instrument.


I became very disciplined when I imagined that now exactly this second was the most important time of my life, it literally was. I imagined my life in 20 years without losing weight - a fat single loser with social anxiety - and if I accepted the challenge I would be happy and enjoy life. 


I am not the same person as 8 months ago, my life turned 180 degrees. Other key behaviors where, of course, eating habits and my gym membership. 


I'm doing it slowly right now. I didn't jump into it all like many or most do. I took 1-2 months doing cardio exercises and the gym and slowly tweaked my diet over time. Towards end of the two months, I simply started outdoor running. Around the third month, I started doing free weight exercises and during the fifth month I got serious in the gym researching more variety of exercises. 


I guess what I am saying is that I believe lots of people that fail, fail because they try doing everything at once. When I talk to people and help then I have the, spend the first month logging their foods and work on eating better slowly. For example, stop late night snacking one week, then the following week no eating fast food. Slowly work on small things. Adopting new healthy habits or dropping unhealthy habits, in a common sense has played a big role in my transformation. 


Well, I guess not following your diet for a day or even a week does NOT mean you failed. Just pick yourself up, dust off and get back to healthy living. Also see the previous question what my game plan was.


We will all hit hurdles in life where it will be very difficult to follow through on diet and exercise. If someone feels the need to go out and eat a good fattening meal, it is ok to do now and then. 


As a matter of fact if you can be strict with your diet Mondays to Fridays. I have always had a cheat meal on Saturday and one on Sunday and sometimes binged pretty badly, but overall month after month I was losing weight. Of course if weight loss is stalling you need to work on taking out or reducing these cheat meals. 


So I guess don't give up just because you will blow up one day. See what you did, work on fixing it and move along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment