Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The most important changes I made and the most challenging about losing weight

From the three elements (clean food, weight training and cardio), my diet was probably the most important aspect which helped changed my physique. When I decided to be very disciplined with the foods I consume, the changes were incredible.

I have always been a person who loves to eat and with a huge appetite. During those days I was still working in a call center, I would indulge in everything from greasy fast food to very sweet desserts. I don't have control over what I am eating. 


The most challenging thing for me was adhering to a strict nutritional plan and cutting out most of my favorite foods. I then learned early on that these so called favorite foods were triggers and these would instantly affect my appetite. 


Let's say if I had a small piece of dessert or some fast food, it would trigger my hunger and it was almost impossible to back down from eating more. I focused on more nutritious foods to fuel my body.


Within about 3 to 4 weeks, my craving went down and my tastes started changing. My usual habits and routines started to change. I was focused to prepare healthy and nutrient dense foods all the time. 


Of course, I still get craving once in a while but I decided to choose healthier foods to eat. Choosing the healthier alternatives have cut down on my overall calories and still leave me feeling satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment