Wednesday, November 16, 2011

People seldom improve when they have no other model but themselves to copy


 The past 8 months of my life has been amazing. I can't begin to tell you how much has changed and what has happened. I never thought that 8 months ago, I would be inspiring a lot of people. Life is amazing and I'm thankful everyday for this gift. I was given a second chance to change my life. The story of how I got to such a bad situation is as important as how I got to where I am today. 


It is a story that deals with depression, faith, overcoming, confidence, fear, hope, challenges, motivation and friendship.


Key bad habits I dropped? EVERYTHING I USED TO EAT!


I went from my high weight of 248 pounds down to my lowest at 187 pounds in less than 7 months.


The first 10 pounds were from healthy diet and jogging alone. Then I hit a plateau and that's when I started exercising really hard, both weight training and cardio, and lost the next 40 pounds.


I went from not exercising at all, to working out like a freaking mad man, pretty much 6-7 days a week. Varying muscle sets.


I'd really like to say the old cliche, "If I could do it, anyone can do it,"


To be totally honest, I'm not so sure if this is true. You see, I have this little thing which is typically looked as a psychological issue, or problem, called obsessive / compulsiveness. 


So many years ago, when I decided I was going to do build and modify computers, I just put a stupid amount of my time and energy into doing just that. And so I succeeded. Never mind that I blew off having a real career, or possible retirement someday. 


So anyway, I'm not sure if this is what you wanted to hear. I mean, how can you teach somebody to just throw out 90% of every important thing that normally runs through their minds, and replace it all with health and fitness?


Would you even want them to do that? One thing's for sure, if they did this, they would almost certainly end up reaching 99% of their genetic potential or more. 


Anyway, I guess there are a lot of worse things for a person to go off the deep end with, other than health and fitness. 

Stay tuned, I'm just getting started. If I could make this kind of change in 18 months, I can't wait to see where I'm at by my 28th birthday that is about 4 months from now as of this writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment